Niika Kristia's Turkey Travel Story

9/15/2017

Niika Kristia's Turkey Travel Story



My name is Niika Kristia and I am a South African and Croatian YouTuber that travels whenever life gives me a chance. Turkey was one of the main places I have had on my list for a long time. I never thought I would get a chance until the day came that Turkey was my travel destination. 

Turkey is a country filled with gorgeous architecture every corner you turn to, amazing food with both European and Arabian touches and it is a nation with some of the friendliest faces you will meet on your travel journeys. 

Istanbul is like a beautiful maze easy to get lost in but is a complete adventure in itself. A city filled with so many different corners and sides to it that you will be sure to gain some Instagram goals throughout your trip!


Some of the must do’s of Istanbul would be to: Visit the Spice Bazaar, see a whirling dervish show, eat a kumpir (a loaded baked potato), take a boat tour down the Bosphorus, go underground at the Basilica Cistern and of course see the Blue Mosque and the Haya Sophia! 

There is just so much to do in Istanbul it truly is a city full of variety
bosphorus
and adventure! Don’t forget to try Turkish Lakum (Turkish delight), Baklava and Turkish tea!

Aside from my trip to Istanbul, I advise anyone who can and has the time to take a flight or over night bus to Cappadocia. Cappadocia is one of the most interesting, laid back but fun places you will get to see while in Turkey. I even got to have my first hot air balloon ride!

As history says, “Cappadocia’s region was formed 60 million years
ago by erosion of soft layers of lava and ash from Mount Erciyes, Mount Hasan and Mount Güllü composing with wind and rain over millions of years. Houses and churches carved into the caves and rocks turned the region into a huge heaven for Christians escaping from the dominance of the Roman Empire.” 

Incredible! Ihara Valley consisted of beautiful streams flowing through the region and a canyon like area filled with trees. I discovered murals of Mary and Jesus in some of the church carved caves there too. It was definitely an experience I could never forget.

I also got to go 50 meters underground to explore the Kaymakli Underground City where thousands of people used to hide for protection from the Romans. It was incredible to think of how they carved so far deep into the ground and succeeded in forming churches, temporary graves and numerous rooms that all had a water irrigation system!

Turkey is a country filled with extraordinary activities, an abundance of history and culture. I would recommend Turkey as one of the most go to destinations in the world.

If you would like to see my travel journeys feel free to visit my channel through the link down below and let me know if you have any questions for your trip to Turkey as I would be happy to help advise you on your journey!

Thanks Niika for that nice article I hope that it will help for future toursits.If you want to watch Niika's Turkey trip videos can visit

ISTANBUL TRAVEL VIDEO

CAPPADOCIA TRAVEL VIDEO

Share this

Hi Dear Visitors.I'm Recep admin of this blog.Actually I'm Mechanical engineer but started to write that blog in 2015 for help foreigns,improve my English and try to show How Turkey is a wonderfull country with places,cities,culture,tradition,meals,life and people.Thanks for to read it and do not forget to drop comments.

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »